Company: Export Trading Group (ETG)
Position: Android Developer
Reports to: Senior Android Developer
Base location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Description: The Android developer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. The primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
Primary Duties & responsibilities:
● Development of new features according to specification and project architecture
● Work with other departments (Product, UX, Design, QA) with regards to requirements gathering and analysis
● Build, foster and work within an Agile environment, including participation in priority/ sprint planning, story planning and daily standups, as well as analysis and communication of change impacts to functional team and business stakeholders
● Participate in code reviews, ensuring that code adheres to established standards, is well-structured, documented and is manageable
● Analyze code regularly and refactor as required to minimize technical debt
● Unit-test code for robustness and stability
● Create, revise and maintain design/technical documentation
● Coach and train juniors on internal processes and best practices
Skills & Experienced required:
● 3+ Years’ experience in android native development (Android SDK, java/kotlin)
● Knowledge of Agile software development practices
● Deep understanding of Android SDK (ie. Android Jetpack and Dynamic features, Adapters, Fragments, Activities, Threading, Data binding etc.)
● Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
● Solid and demonstrable understanding of object-oriented design patterns and principles
● Strong understanding of mobile user interface guidelines and best practices
● Interest in Kotlin Coroutines
● Understanding of Dependency Injection with experience in tools such as Kodein, Koin or Dagger
● Comfortable with integrating RESTful web APIs and JSON
● Experience with SCM tools (Ideally Git)
● Superior problem-solving skills
● Strong initiative, priority setting, and collaboration skills
● Experience with unit and integration testing
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience with planning and writing technical documentation
• Commitment to collaborative problem solving.
• Creating quality product.
• High analytical skills.
• Desire for continuous improvement,
• Logical and Structured Thinking
• Attention to detail
• High level of integrity & confidentiality.
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight timelines.
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders. The smallholder farmer ecosystem across Africa suffers from inefficiencies in the supply of inputs, financial services, information and markets to sell produce to, as well as the logistics to take the produce to the customers on time. The Solution is to build uLima – a tech-enabled distribution & communications platform with the goal of aggregating the largest network of small-holder farmers and agro-dealers that is open to any and all service providers, agri- inputs sellers and produce buyers as and when needed. By focusing on the needs of the smallholder farmer, and leveraging digital technology to build out a platform to enable agri-input suppliers, service providers and off-takers reach and interact with smallholder farmers, we believe we will be able to increase the yields of smallholder farmers, by enabling them get access to credit and best practices to significantly increase their yields and minimize post-harvest losses, thereby increasing food and economic security across Africa.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company with determined individuals with a singular will to win, uLima is the organization for you. Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com by end of day 26th June 2020.