A large residential estate in Nairobi seeks to engage an ‘Estate Caretaker’ to perform the following duties on a day-to-day, full-time basis:
1. Follow up payment of service charge from residents on a monthly basis, monitoring payments and receipting
2. Provide monthly reports on service charge payments and estate expenditure
3. Provide a report on defaulters on a monthly basis and follow up defaulters for payments
4. Ensure payment of all service provider bills
5. Supervise all employees and contractors of the estate
6. Supervise all suppliers including but not limited to cleaning services, security, garbage disposal, mechanical, electrical and maintenance and servicing, environmental conservation and landscaping in and around the estate
7. Organise all residents’ meetings
8. Oversee the implementation of estate regulations
9. Any other services related to estate management.
1. Post-Secondary/Tertiary education training
2. Experience working in an estate management company or as a caretaker in a large estate (more than 100 houses), for a minimum of three years
3. Basic bookkeeping and accounting skills
4. Good communication skills – written and oral communication
5. Experience with the use of various computer programmes including MS Office especially MS Word and Excel
6. Existing networks/contacts with key utility service providers such as Nairobi County Government, Kenya Power etc.
1. Ability to be flexible and perform multiple tasks at one time
2. A high degree of self-initiative and self-motivation
3. Self-driven individual and self-starter
4. Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse fields backgrounds
6. Ability to problem-solve, applying a high level of creativity and innovation.
An application letter with a curriculum vitae and relevant academic certificates should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2020. No payments are required to apply. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.