Company: Export Trading Group (ETG)
Position: Product Manager
Reports to: Head of Product
Base location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Description: The Product Manager will be responsible for the development of the long-term vision and strategy of our products and services, prioritizing the feature set and driving deployment from concept to implementation. He/she will work with all stakeholders and cross-functionally with the technical and operations teams to drive features and roadmaps in an agile working environment.
The Manager will need to innovate on behalf of the customer and everything he/she does should be based on a deep understanding of customer requirements as well as market needs and priorities. The Manager will also develop metrics to measure and effectively manage the deployment of our roadmap and solutions. To be successful in this role you will need to be a great communicator, innovator, influencer and an analytical problem solver. You will need to think and act fast, deal with ambiguity and be able to develop ideas into scalable products that work on a global scale. This is a rare opportunity to impact not just the future of ETG Digital, but the future of retail of fast-moving consumer goods across Africa.
Primary Duties & responsibilities:
• Develop empathetic understanding of customers, technology and competition and synthesize into a product strategy.
• Communicate product priorities across the company by collaborating with various teams and build consensus among them.
• Work closely with design in crafting simple, elegant, impactful experiences.
• Collaborate with multiple teams to guide projects through development with high quality, reliability, and an attention to detail.
• Integrate user research, product testing, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user experience.
• Define and analyze metrics that inform and track the success of our products.
• Understand our strategic and competitive position in the market and to inform the
process to deliver innovative products.
• Continually strive to maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and changes are to be expected.
Skills & Experienced required:
• 5+ years of hands on product management experience
• You have experience leading a cross-functional team to plan, build, and ship successful products
• You’re able to motivate, inspire, and influence a team
• You do what it takes to get the highest impact things done. You prioritize, focus, have a bias towards action, and break down obstacles in your way
• You have strong soft skills, and are an excellent communicator. You actively build positive relationships with your teammates.
• You have the confidence to know when to make decisions (even when others might disagree) vs when to build consensus, and you can articulate the strategy and business rationale behind your decisions.
• You’re detail-oriented, process-driven, and organized, and are able to stay two steps ahead of the work your team is doing
• You’re analytical, and prefer to make data-driven (rather than gut) decisions
• You have an eye for good design and user experience
• You hold yourself and others around you to very high standards
• You thrive in a constantly changing environment
• You have experience with software development
• You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with agile software development
• Technical background a plus
• Experience in eCommerce and/or distribution of FMCG products is a plus
• Experience building software products for the Kenyan or East African market a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience with planning and writing technical documentation
• Commitment to collaborative problem solving.
• Creating quality product.
• High analytical skills.
• Desire for continuous improvement,
• Logical and Structured Thinking
• Attention to detail
• High level of integrity & confidentiality.
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight timelines.
About the Company:
Export Trading Group is the largest agricultural-commodity supply chain company in East and Southern Africa. The Company originates (buys) crops at farm gate “up country” in over 25 African countries, aggregates and processes them in a network of proprietary facilities and exports them internationally. Using this infrastructure in reverse, the Company imports fertilizer and rice, breaks bulk and processes them, and distributes them to smallholders. The smallholder farmer ecosystem across Africa suffers from inefficiencies in the supply of inputs, financial services, information and markets to sell produce to, as well as the logistics to take the produce to the customers on time. The Solution is to build uLima – a tech-enabled distribution & communications platform with the goal of aggregating the largest network of small-holder farmers and agro-dealers that is open to any and all service providers, agri- inputs sellers and produce buyers as and when needed. By focusing on the needs of the smallholder farmer, and leveraging digital technology to build out a platform to enable agri-input suppliers, service providers and off-takers reach and interact with smallholder farmers, we believe we will be able to increase the yields of smallholder farmers, by enabling them get access to credit and best practices to significantly increase their yields and minimize post-harvest losses, thereby increasing food and economic security across Africa.
If you want to become a business leader in the emerging digital technology space and join a rapidly growing company with determined individuals with a singular will to win, uLima is the organization for you. Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day 26th June 2020.